Norfolk Street Surgery is pleased to announce that we will be providing eConsult as a service.
As part of the modernisation of general practice, eConsult will become a way for you to be able to access care at Norfolk Street Surgery.
eConsult is a secure and easy-to-use platform that allows patients to submit their symptoms and requests to their GP electronically.
Benefits of eConsult
- Convenience: eConsult can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This means you can get the help you need without having to wait on the phone or come to the surgery.
- Efficiency: eConsult helps us to triage your request more efficiently, so we can get you the right care at the right time.
- Choice: eConsult allows you to choose how you want to be contacted - by phone, email, or text message.
How to use eConsult
To use eConsult, simply go to our website and click on the "eConsult" button. You will then be asked to fill in a short form with your symptoms or request. Once you have submitted the form, your GP will review it and respond by the end of the next working day.
You can also access eConsult directly from the NHS App. Simply download the app to your compatible device, sign up and then you can complete the form within the app and then this will be forwarded to the surgery ready for triage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to register for eConsult?
No, you do not need to register for eConsult – however, you can register to help save time. Simply go to our website and click on the "eConsult" button to get started.
- What times will eConsult be operational from?
With patient care being at the forefront of our practice, it has been decided that forms can be completed online from 08:30am to 4pm on Mondays to Friday. There may be times where this is closed off due to demand but this will be publicised on the form if we are not accepting further medical requests.
- How long will it take for my triage request to be actioned?
Our clinicians will be triaging requests from 9am to 4pm, Monday – Friday and you should receive a response within 48 hours. eConsult provides you with a link on completed requests to allow you to chase up; please do not contact the surgery until this time has passed.
- What if I have an urgent medical problem?
If you have an urgent medical problem, please call 111 or go to your nearest A&E department. eConsult is not intended for urgent medical problems and in-built warnings based upon the symptoms you are feeling will direct you appropriately.